2 Junior Group Leader Positions
CiTIUS, the research centre in Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela offers up to 2 postdoctoral positions as junior group leaders, aimed to hire excellent researchers of any nationality who wish to continue or to consolidate their scientific career in Spain for a period of at least 4 years.
CiTIUS is a research centre specialised in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Currently, the Centre has a team of more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external Scientific Advisory Board. In the last 4 years (2016-2019), CiTIUS has attracted funding of over 10,5M€, of which more than 2,7M€ are from projects in collaboration with the industry sector. Currently, the centre has 9 international projects under development. In the same period, CiTIUS published over 150 articles in indexed journals (SCI-Scopus), 66% of them in the first quartile, and defended 38 PhD thesis. CiTIUS also transferred 15 software licenses and created 2 spin-offs, Situm and Imagames. CiTIUS also collaborates with relevant companies such as Indra, Finsa, Everis, Johnson&Johnson or Mestrelab Research among others.
We are looking for researchers with research background aligned with one of our Scientific Programmes:
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Computing
- Approximate Processing
- Personal Robots
- Semiconductor Devices and Autonomous Sensors
- Natural Language Technologies
- Artificial Vision
This preselection process aims to select 2 postdoctoral candidates that will then submit their candidature in the “Research talent attraction Programme” of the regional government of the Xunta de Galicia. CiTIUS team will assess the selected candidates in the preparation of their candidature to this competitive programme.
- Successful candidates will join one of the Scientific Programmes as junior group leaders and will be expected to lead their own scientific project.
- Full-time contract with a gross salary of about 2.700€/month (14 payments per year, i.e. 37.800€ annual gross salary). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health System, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Structural funding for R&D activities of 40.000€/year.
- The junior leader position is for a period of 4 years renewable depending on scientific performance.
- The estimated starting date will be June-September of 2020.
- Research area: PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, with research experience in one of the above-mentioned Scientific Programmes.
- Experience: candidates should have been awarded their doctoral degree after January 1st, 2007 and have a minimum of 4 years of postdoctoral research experience. This limit will be extended in situations of documented career breaks such as maternity/paternity leave, sick leave or similar. Should the candidate hold more than one doctoral degree, this period will be counted from the date of having obtained the first doctoral degree.
- Geographic mobility: at least 2 years of research experience abroad and not have been working in Galicia during the last 24 months. Candidates of all nationalities are eligible.
- Scientific leadership.
- Highly motivated candidates with an excellent scientific track-record.
- Fluent English is essential.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, hard-working and have the ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
Working at CiTIUS
CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team. Among others, we offer:
- State-of-the art research facilities and career development opportunities
- Be in contact and work in international research projects
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Training Programme in transversal skills which aims to enhance future employability and career success of our researchers including among others, intellectual property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, dissemination and outreach.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, Spanish courses, etc.
Candidates interested in this position should fill in the online application form. The application must contain information of the research background and work experience, including:
- A complete CV, including personal contact information.
- A motivation letter, outlining the 5 most relevant research results.
- Brief 1-page proposal of your future research project.
- Contact details of two referees.
Deadline of the preselection process: please submit your application by the 3rd January 2020 at 23h59 CET (UCT + 01:00).
Questions or clarifications about the call or the application process can be directed to the CiTIUS Knowledge and Transfer Management Unit: email@example.com