Call for Postdoctoral candidates interested in MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship
Are you a postdoctoral researcher thinking about the next step in your scientific career ? CiTIUS is willing to support one or more excellent researchers interested in applying for an EU Marie Sklodowska Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship and continuing their scientific career in Spain for a period of at least 2 years.
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme (MSCA-PF) aims to support the career development and training of excellent researchers through international mobility. We are willing to support applications related to the following research lines:
- Electronic design of intelligent devices
- High performance computing
- Intelligent systems and environments
- Language technologies
- Machine learning and reasoning
- Computer Vision
- Science and engineering of data and processes
- Trustworthy AI
- Virtual and augmented reality
Researchers with a good scientific background and a project in mind are encouraged to contact our team. The selected candidates will work in tandem with CiTIUS team in the preparation of their candidature in order to submit a successful application to this competitive programme.
Who are we?
CiTIUS is as research centre specialised in Intelligent Technologies with a team of more than 120 researchers. Our team is the greatest asset of our centre and we are continuously looking for scientific talent. CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team.
We are in a high-level scientific environment with four research centres specialized in different areas (CiQUS, CiMUS, IGFAE and CiTIUS). Santiago de Compostela is a UNESCO World Heritage City with more than 5 million square meters of green spaces and one of the 100 best places in the world by TIME Magazine 2021.
What we offer
- An extensive international network of scientific and technological collaborators.
- Professional development and training plan aimed at improving scientific and transversal skills to prepare our researchers for a competitive scientific career.
- State-of-the-art scientific facilities with equipped laboratories, our own data processing centre and free access to the second supercomputing centre in Spain (CESGA), located on the same Campus.
- A professional research support team with extensive experience in project management, financing opportunities, technology transfer, IT management, dissemination and outreach, HR management, economic and administrative management.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, language courses, libraries, nursery, etc.
Who can apply?
These fellowships are intended for outstanding researchers from anywhere in the world that have at least a doctoral degree at the call deadline and a maximum of 8 years full-time experience as postdoctoral researcher.
We are looking for candidates with a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields, with research experience in one of the above-mentioned Scientific Programmes.
The call requires geographic mobility: at the date of the call deadline, the candidates must not have been working in Spain for more than 12 of the last 36 months.
- Highly motivated candidates with an excellent scientific track-record.
- The candidate will be organized, hard-working and have the ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent English.
- Full-time contract with a gross salary of about 3.800€/month (approx. 46.000€ annual gross salary). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health System, as well as pension and unemployment benefits. (See cost of living in Santiago)
- Funded international research stays in academic or in industry sectors, for a period of up to 8 months. The fellowship includes 12.000€/year for research and training activities.
- CiTIUS will offer additional structural funding for R&D activities of up to 30.000€/year for the 2 best candidates.
- The fellowship is for a period of 2 years, renewable at the end of the fellowship depending on scientific performance.
- The feedback from the call is expected in early 2023 and, if successful, the estimated starting date will be April-May of 2023.
Candidates interested in this position should fill in the online application form (https://citius.usc.es/msca-pf-2022). The application must contain information of the research background and work experience, including:
- A complete CV, including personal contact information.
- A motivation letter, outlining the 5 most relevant research results (1-page).
- Brief 1-page proposal of your future research project.
Deadline of the pre-selection process:
Candidatures will be evaluated regularly, upon receival. All the candidates will be informed personally about the selection process.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY THE 16TH MAY 2022 AT 23H59 CET (UCT +01:00) AT THE LATEST.
Questions or clarifications about this call or the application process can be directed to the CiTIUS Knowledge and Transfer Management Unit: email@example.com