High‐quality and innovative teaching: CiTIUS scientists join the 'GAMEST Third Transnational Project Meeting'
The Research Center on Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela (CiTIUS-USC) participates in this event to discuss about how to provide educators with high-quality contents for improving the application of gamification strategies in Entrepreneurial Education.
This event is part of the "GAMification tEcniqueS for entrepreneurial vet Teachers" (GAMEST) project, funded by the Erasmus+ programme, and will bring together researchers from Romania, Slovenia and Italy. The project general objective is to support the promotion of high‐quality and innovative teaching based on the application of gamification strategies. GAMEST completely fits in the EU policies frameworks. In fact, the project identifies in gamification an innovative vehicle to teach entrepreneurial contents, increasing learners’ engagement in the subject matter. Gamification consists in employing game mechanics to non-game environments; as such, it could be considered as a tool to enhance skills of both educators and learners and can be a practical vehicle to foster entrepreneurial mind-set and related skills.
GAMEST wants to have long-term impact on VET system. Empowering VET trainers through the supply of innovative didactic methodology framework based on gamification will give to VET learners the possibility to learn and to acquire new skills more easily. Therefore, GAMEST aims at affecting the entire VET system, reducing the gap between learners and teachers and giving to the target group the practical tool to teach necessary skills to access to entrepreneurial labour market
In order to achieve thegeneral objective, GAMEST will pursue two specific objectives, namely:
- SO1: Define the state of the art of gamification applied in entrepreneurial education and detect to what extent the target group is already engaged with gamification practices.
- SO2: Strengthen gamification skills and their application knowledge for VET educators.
- GAMEST will analyse the current situation of gamification application in entrepreneurial training developing surveys about current level of awareness of gamification for each country.
- GAMEST will produce an online course and relative didactic material for gamification training.
- GAMEST will produce video-tutorials on the use of gamification in entrepreneurial VET educational field