Job Offer: PhD position in Language Technologies
CiTIUS offers a new contract to develop a PhD at the Research Centre on Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela.
‼️ IMPORTANT: THIS CALL WILL BE OPEN ONLY UNTIL NEXT THURSDAY, 24 JUNE 2021
- Part-time employment contract (75%) for a period of one year.
- Gross salary of about 1.181,26 €/month (14 payments per year). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health System, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
Estimated starting date: 1 September 2021.
General eligibility criteria
- Degree: Degree in Linguistics, Computer Science, Math, Artificial Intelligence or related areas.
- Highly motivated candidates with an excellent academic record.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, hard-working and have the ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
CiTIUS is a research centre specialised in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Currently, the Centre has a team of more than 110 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external Scientific Advisory Board. In the last 5 years (2016-2020), CiTIUS has attracted funding of over 14,5M€, including 50 projects in cooperation with industry. CiTIUS is currently involved in 8 EU-funded projects and is the scientific coordinator of two Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN), participant in a FETPROACT project that has started in January 2021 and participant in 5 COST actions. In the same period, CiTIUS published more than 200 articles in indexed journals (Scopus) and defended 48 PhD thesis. CiTIUS also transferred 15 software licenses and created 2 spin-offs, Situm and Imagames. CiTIUS also collaborates with relevant companies such as Indra, Finsa, Everis, Johnson&Johnson or Mestrelab Research among others.
Working at CiTIUS
CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team. Among others, we offer:
- State-of-the art research facilities and career development opportunities.
- Be in contact and work in international research projects.
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Training Programme in transversal skills which aims to enhance future employability and career success of our researchers including among others, intellectual property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, dissemination and outreach.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, Spanish courses, etc.
Evaluation and selection procedure
- Degree in Linguistics, Computer Science, Math, Artificial Intelligence or related areas. (up to 10 points)
- Master in Linguistics, Computer Science, Math, Artificial Intelligence or related areas. (up to 10 points)
- Academic qualifications of the degree (minimum of 7.5 out of 10) (up to 5 points)
- Academic qualifications of the Master (minimum of 7.5 out of 10) (up to 5 points)
- Accredited experience in scripting languages (e.g., python, Perl) (up to 20 points)
- Participation in projects, publications, or networks on Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, or Psycholinguistics. (up to 20 points)
- Accredited language competence (B2 or higher): Portuguese, English. (up to 10 points)
- Personal interview: the top 4 candidates (with a minimum of 60 points in the previous items) will be interviewed. (up to 20 points)
Deadline for submitting applications: 24 JuNE 2021 | 23:59 CEST (UCT +02:00)
The application must be submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de Compostela website:
- Reference number of the call: 5/2021 - Reference number of the positions: 2019-PG064
The application must contain information of academic training highlighting any background related with scientific activities, including:
- PDF document of the Curriculum Vitae, highlighting the merits that are established as evaluation criteria in the above section.
- PDF document with the academic records of Bachelor and Master.
- Sworn statement in which the candidate declares under his responsibility, that he meets the requirements of the call and can prove it on the deadline of applications.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CiTIUS Knowledge Management and Transfer Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance or for any information related to the application process. When contacting, please indicate the position reference in the subject line (Predoc position 2019-PG064)