“Juan de la Cierva” postdoctoral positions at CiTIUS
The Research Centre in Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela (CiTIUS) is looking to recruit postdoctoral researchers in areas related to their Scientific Programs funded by the Juan de la Cierva Call:
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Computing
- Semiconductor Devices and Autonomous Sensors
- Approximate Processing
- Personal Robots
- Natural Language Technologies
- Artificial Vision
Applicants should submit the following information:
- Indication on the research area/s of interest,
- A full CV with list of publications and a letter of introduction stating why they are suitable for the position (1/2 page).
The application should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject: Juan de la Cierva at CiTIUS.
Selected applicants will be supported by CiTIUS researchers to present a competitive proposal to the Juan de la Cierva Spanish Call.
Closing date for applications: candidates will be prioritized depending on merits. Juan de la Cierva Call closes on 19.01.2021 (training modality) and 21.01.2021 (incorporation modality).
Evaluation and selection procedure
- PhD in an area related to Intelligent Technologies
- Scientific achievements: publications in the scientific topics of CiTIUS Scientific Programes. Participation in R&D activities
- Motivation letter, outlining background and experience, the 5 most relevant research results and a brief research proposal aligned with CiTIUS’ Scientific Programes (1/2 page)
- English level C1 or higher
Our research Centre
CiTIUS is a research centre specialised in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Currently, the Centre has a team of more than 110 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external Scientific Advisory Board. Over the period 2016-2019, CiTIUS published more than 150 articles in indexed journals (SCI-Scopus), 66% of which were published in journals ranked in the first quartile. Average R&D income is 3M per year. At this moment, CiTIUS is participating in 6 European Projects including two Marie-Sklodowska Curie European Training Networks scientifically coordinated by CiTIUS’ and a FETPROACT project.
Regarding knowledge transfer, 50% of our income for R&D projects comes from collaborations with the industry. CiTIUS has also created 3 spin-offs, Situm, Imagames and InVerbis.
Working at CiTIUS
CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team. Among others, we offer:
- State-of-the art research facilities and career development opportunities.
- Be in contact and work in international research projects.
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Training Programme in transversal skills which aims to enhance future employability and career success of our researchers including among others, intellectual property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, dissemination and outreach.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, Spanish courses, etc.