Open Position: analysis and creation of new opportunities for CiTIUS at international level
Open Call to hire a manager for the analysis and creation of new opportunities for CiTIUS at international level. Starting date: 1 March 2020.
We are looking for a specialist in international activities related to the support of R&D, innovation or entrepreneurship. Experience in the promotion of H2020 projects will be highly appreciated.
- Identification and proactive search of international opportunities to fund CiTIUS research lines.
- Promotion of the center in different events aimed to the dissemination of R&D results, the design of new international projects or other collaborative networks.
- Technical support in the development of project proposals and R&D contracts at international level, including tasks as monitoring and valorisation of results.
- International projection of the center’s portfolio and spread of CiTIUS technological results.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) or equivalent degree in related disciplines to Intelligent Technologies.
- The position will be located at CiTIUS, at the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain).
- Gross monthly salary: 2.346,00 €/month (14 payments per year). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health Care System, providing access to the Spanish public health care system for candidates, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Duration: temporary contract of approximately 32 months.
- Expected start date 2020/03/01.
- Proven training in areas related to Intelligent Technologies (15 points).
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in international activities related to support of R&D, innovation or entrepreneurship (40 points).
- English level: C1 or higher(20 points).
- Personal interview: only for the 3 candidates with the highest score, as long as they have previously obtained at least 45 points (25 points).
Candidates are required to apply via the University of Santiago de Compostela's website, using the application form available in the following link:
The application must contain information of research background and work experience, including:
- Curriculum Vitae, highlighting the merits that are established as assessment criteria.
- Sworn statement in which the candidate declares under his responsibility, that he meets the requirements of the call and can prove it on the deadline of applications.
Reference number: call 01/2020 | Position: 2019-PG064.06
Deadline of the selection process: 23 January 2020
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CiTIUS Knowledge Management and Transfer Unit (email@example.com) for assistance or for any information related to the application process. When contacting, please indicate the position reference in the subject line ('International projection of CiTIUS').
About the center
CiTIUS is a research center specialised in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela (Spain). Currently, the Centre has a team of more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external Scientific Advisory Board. In the last 4 years (2016-2019), CiTIUS has attracted funding of over 10,5M€, of which more than 2,7M€ are from projects in collaboration with the industry sector. Currently, the centre has 7 international projects under development. In the same period, CiTIUS published over 150 articles in indexed journals (SCI-Scopus), 66% of them in the first quartile, and defended 38 PhD thesis. CiTIUS also transferred 15 software licenses and created 2 spin-offs, Situm and Imagames. CiTIUS also collaborates with relevant companies such as Indra, Finsa, Everis, Johnson&Johnson or Mestrelab Research among others.