Open Position: Project Manager
Open Call to hire a Project Manager for the European project 'NL4XAI' (Interactive Natural Language Technology for Explainable Artificial Intelligence), starting in October 2019 and led by CiTIUS.
CiTIUS is a research center in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, in Southwest of Europe. The center is part of the 'Campus Vida' (Life Sciences Campus) Research Centers Network, which was acknowledged in 2009 by Spanish Government as an “international campus of excellence”. CiTIUS hosts more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior scientists who have been selected by an external scientific advisory board formed by internationally renowned scientists. There are 6 European projects currently active at the center, including a H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ETN) coordinated by CiTIUS: NL4XAI - Interactive Natural Language Technology for Explainable Artificial Intelligence.
We are looking for a project manager with experience in the management of projects funded by the European Commission to coordinate the ETN NL4XAI.
Management of the ETN project coordinated by CiTIUS (NL4XAI). Day-to-day activities might include:
- Coordination, monitoring and reporting of project activities and work plan.
- Administrative and technical support.
- Organization of training and network events.
- Management of internal and external communication, support in the preparation of new proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) or equivalent degree in Computer Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent. Specialized training in the area of R&D project management will be highly appreciated (up to 20 points).
- Professional experience in European project management activities, experience in writing and presentation of European R&D projects, IPR management, ethics management, Open Data and Open Science, dissemination of R&D results (up to 40 points).
- English level C1 or equivalent (up to 15 points).
- Personal interview (up to 25 points). Only the candidates with at least 50 points on the other merits will be interviewed.
- The position will be located at CiTIUS, in the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Gross monthly salary: 2000€/month (14 payments per year). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health Care System, providing access to the Spanish public health care system for candidates, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Duration: temporary contract for a period of 4 years.
- Expected start date is 1st October 2019.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CiTIUS Knowledge Management and Transfer Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance or for any information related to the application process. When contacting, please indicate the position reference in the subject line (Project Manager position 2019).
The application, submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de Compostela website using the application form found in the following link:
This form must contain information of research background and work experience, including:
- Curriculum Vitae, highlighting the merits that are established as assessment criteria.
- Sworn statement in which the candidate declares under his responsibility, that he meets the requirements of the call and can prove it on the deadline of applications.
Reference number: call 22/2019, position: 2019-PI002
Closing date for applications: 2019-09-09 at 23:59 CEST (UCT + 02:00)