Open positions: CiTIUS hires 5 new Master students
CiTIUS is seeking 5 new master students in fields related to intelligent technologies.
Deadline for submitting applications: 21 September 2020 at 23:59 CEST (UCT +02:00)
We are looking for highly motivated students interested in doing a master’s degree in an area related to intelligent technologies and having a first research experience in one of our scientific programmes:
- Machine learning
- Advanced computing
- Approximate processing
- Personal robots
- Autonomous sensors
- Natural language technologies
- Artificial vision
- Part-time employment contract (15 hours per week) for a period of 10 months and compatible with master’s training programme.
- Gross salary of about 680€/month. It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish health system, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Estimated starting date: October 2020.
General eligibility criteria
- Bachelor degree in computer engineering, mathematics, physics, electronic engineering, telecommunications engineering or other fields related to intelligent technologies.
To be pre-enrolled in one of the following master's degree programs in the 2020-2021 academic year:
- University of Santiago de Compostela masters: inter-university master's degree in massive data analysis technologies: big data; master's degree in high performance computing; master's degree in geo-informatics; university master's degree in computer vision
- Other official master's degrees related to CiTIUS' scientific programmes.
- Highly motivated candidates with an excellent academic record.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, hard-working and have the ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
CiTIUS is a research centre specialised in intelligent technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Currently, the centre has a team of more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external scientific advisory board. In the last 4 years (2016-2019), CiTIUS has attracted funding of over 10,5M€, of which more than 2,7M€ are from projects in collaboration with the industry sector. Currently, the centre has 9 international projects under development. In the same period, CiTIUS published over 150 articles in indexed journals (SCI-Scopus) and defended 38 PhD thesis. CiTIUS also transferred 15 software licenses and created 2 spin-offs, Situm and Imagames. CiTIUS also collaborates with relevant companies such as Indra, Finsa, Everis, Johnson&Johnson or Mestrelab Research among others.
Working at CiTIUS
CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team. Among others, we offer:
- State-of-the-art research facilities and career development opportunities.
- Be in contact and work in international research projects.
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Training Programme in transversal skills which aims to enhance future employability and career success of our researchers including among others, intellectual property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, dissemination and outreach.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, Spanish courses, etc.
Evaluation and selection procedure
- Bachelor degree in computer engineering, mathematics, physics, electronic engineering, communications engineering or related fields (up to 20 points).
- Bachelor’s degree academic record (up to 40 points).
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate including publications and participation in scientific activities (up to 20 points).
- Personal interview. Only the candidates with at least 65 points on the other items will be interviewed (up to 20 points).
- Deadline for submitting applications: 21 September 2020 at 23:59 CEST (UCT +02:00)
- The application must be submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de Compostela website.
- Reference number of the call: 11/2020 - Reference number of the position: 2019-PG064
The application must contain information of academic training highlighting any background related with scientific activities, including:
- PDF document of the Curriculum Vitae, highlighting the merits that are established as evaluation criteria in the above section.
- PDF document with the academic record of bachelor's degree.
- Sworn statement in which the candidate declares under his responsibility, that he meets the requirements of the call and can prove it on the deadline of applications.
Full details about the call are available here.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CiTIUS knowledge management and transfer unit (email@example.com) for assistance or for any information related to the application process. When contacting, please indicate the position reference in the subject line (Master students 11/2020).