PhD Researcher Open Position – Call for Applications
The Campus Vida’s Research Centre in Information Technology of the University of Santiago de Compostela (CiTIUS-USC) offers a position for a new PhD researcher in semiconductor device simulation using in-house and commercial software. The USC hosts more than 3,000 PhD students and has been awarded the "HR Excellence in Research" by the EC under the HRS4R process. Currently, the CiTIUS hosts 30 senior researchers, which have been selected by an external scientific advisory board, and a total of 100 researchers. During the period 2016-2018, CiTIUS researchers have published more than 120 JCR journal papers and obtained 6,5 M€ from competitive R&D funds, most of them in collaboration with the industry sector.
Description and Research Objectives
The work proposed will be engaged within a Spanish national project involving the multi-dimensional modelling of next-generation semiconductor nanodevices, the optimisation of numerical algorithms and the development of tools for the efficient handling of simulation data, under supervision of Natalia Seoane and Antonio García Loureiro.
The research on modelling and simulation of advanced electronic devices, using different numerical techniques implemented in one, two and three dimensions, is being held in our group for more than 20 years. Specifically, the study of fluctuations and material variations using drift-diffusion and Monte Carlo simulators for semiconductor devices and the implementation and optimisation of our simulators for use in new computational infrastructures is our main area of expertise.
The call is available to download here. Co-financed by 80% by the ERDF within the framework of the grants for the accreditation, structuring and improvement of singular research centers and consolidated strategic groupings of the University System of Galicia, of the Consellería de Educación, Universidade e Formación Profesional da Xunta de Galicia.
Required qualifications and skills:
The call seeks outstanding and highly motivated candidates, with initiative, creativity and team-working ability, including working in interdisciplinary research groups. Candidates must have obtained a University Degree (Bsc) or equivalent.
- The position will be located at CiTIUS, University of Santiago de Compostela.
- We offer a full-time contract with a gross salary of 1552.16 €/month. It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health Care System, providing access to the Spanish public health care system for candidates, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Duration: temporary contract for a period of 6 month.
- Developing a project in a stimulating scientific environment, having access to state-of-the-art research facilities and a number of training and career development opportunities.
- Training program in transversal skills: intellectual and property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, communication, management, etc.
- The estimated starting date is June-July 2019.
The documentation, uploaded via the Application Form, will be scored according to the following evaluation criteria:
- Degree in Physics, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Materials Science, Computer Science or in another related area within the European Higher Education System or an equivalent University Degree (up to 10 points).
- Academic record (up to 40 points).
- Basic knowledge in semiconductor physics device physics and characterization techniques (up to 10 points).
- Expertise in numerical modelling and high performance computing (up to 15 points).
- Online Interview in english, only for candidates achieving a minimum of 50 points in the previous criteria (25 points).
The complete evaluation and selection process is detailed in the downloadable version of the call, available here.
Applications and required documents
Candidates should fill out the Application Form, attaching the following documents:
- A detailed CV in English (1 PDF file limited to 3 pages) including personal contact information, education, list of publications and any other relevant information (projects, awards…).
- Scanned copy (1 PDF file) of the academic record issued by the corresponding University (in Galician, English or Spanish).
- A reference letter (academic or scientific) (1 PDF file limited to 2 pages).
- A motivation letter (1 PDF file limited to 1 page).
Closing date for applications: 30.04.19 at 23h59 CEST (UTC + 02:00).
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org