Postdoc candidates interested in MSCA Individual Fellowship
CiTIUS, the Research Centre in Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela, is willing to support one or more excellent researchers of any nationality interested in applying for a EU Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowship and continuing their scientific career in Spain for a period of at least 2 years.
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship Programme (MSCA-IF) aims to support the career development and training of excellent researchers through international mobility. We are willing to support applications related to one of our Scientific Programmes:
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Computing
- Approximate Processing
- Personal Robots
- Semiconductor Devices and Autonomous Sensors
- Natural Language Technologies
- Artificial Vision
Researchers with a good scientific background and a project in mind, are encouraged to contact our team. CiTIUS team will work in tandem with the selected candidates in the preparation of their candidature in order to submit a successful application to this competitive programme.
- Full-time contract with a gross salary of about 3.300€/month (14 payments per year, i.e. 46.200€ annual gross salary). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health System, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Structural funding for R&D activities of approx. 30.000€/year.
- The fellowship is for a period of 2 years, renewable at the end of the fellowship depending on scientific performance.
- The feedback from the call is expected in early 2021 and, if successful, the estimated starting date will be April-May of 2021.
- Research area: PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, with research experience in one of the above-mentioned Scientific Programmes.
- Geographic mobility: at the date of the call deadline, not have been working in Spain for more than 12 of the last 36 months. Candidates of all nationalities are eligible.
- Scientific leadership.
- Highly motivated candidates with an excellent scientific track-record.
- Fluent English is essential.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, hard-working and have the ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
Our research Center
CiTIUS is a research centre specialised in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Currently, the Centre has a team of more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external Scientific Advisory Board. In the last 4 years (2016-2019), CiTIUS has attracted funding of over 10,5M€, of which more than 2,7M€ are from projects in collaboration with the industry sector. Currently, the centre has 9 international projects under development. In the same period, CiTIUS published over 150 articles in indexed journals (SCI-Scopus) and defended 38 PhD thesis. CiTIUS also transferred 15 software licenses and created 2 spin-offs, Situm and Imagames. CiTIUS also collaborates with relevant companies such as Indra, Finsa, Everis, Johnson&Johnson or Mestrelab Research among others.
Working at CiTIUS
CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team. Among others, we offer:
- State-of-the art research facilities and career development opportunities
- Be in contact and work in international research projects
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Training Programme in transversal skills which aims to enhance future employability and career success of our researchers including among others, intellectual property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, dissemination and outreach.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, Spanish courses, etc.
Candidates interested in this position should fill in the online application form. The application must contain information of the research background and work experience, including:
- A complete CV, including personal contact information.
- A motivation letter, outlining the 5 most relevant research results (1-page).
- Brief 1-page proposal of your future research project.
Deadline of the pre-selection process: candidatures will be evaluated regularly until a suitable candidate is selected. Please submit your application by 10 July 2020 at 23h59 CET (UCT +01:00).
Questions or clarifications about this call or the application process can be directed to the CiTIUS Knowledge and Transfer Management Unit: firstname.lastname@example.org