Postdoctoral Position: Data Management
The Research Center on Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela (CiTIUS) is seeking a postdoctoral researcher for a period of 13 months, who will be incorporated to the European Project TRAFAIR - Understanding Traffic Flows to Improve Air quality.
CiTIUS is a research center in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, in Southwest of Europe. The center is part of the “Campus Vida” (Campus of Life) Research Centers Network, which was acknowledged in 2009 by Spanish Government as an “international campus of excellence”. CiTIUS hosts more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior scientists who have been selected by an external scientific advisory board, formed by internationally renowned scientists. There are 6 European projects currently active at the center, including TRAFAIR - Understanding Traffic Flows to Improve Air quality from the European Union's Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) in Telecom programme, and two H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ETN), one of them coordinated by CiTIUS.
Description and Research Objectives
Highly motivated candidates with demonstrable knowledge and research experience on Data Management are encouraged to apply.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to supervise a PhD researcher, and both will join the Approximate Processing Scientific Program. The candidate is expected to propose his/her own research objectives under the scope of the EU project TRAFAIR. These objectives should be mainly focused on the following topics:
- Interactive exploration of very large geospatial data lakes.
- Real time approximate processing of sensor data streams.
- Machine learning and Databases.
His/her research activity will be focused on contributing to main Data Management conferences (SIGMOD, VLDB, ICDE, EDBT, etc.) and journals (IEEE TKDE, VLDBJ., etc.)
The position will be located at CiTIUS, in the University of Santiago de Compostela:
- Gross monthly salary: 2257 €/month (14 payments per year). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health Care System, providing access to the Spanish public health care system for candidates, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Duration: temporary contract for a period of 13 months.
- Training program in transversal skills: intellectual and property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, communication, management, etc.
- The estimated starting date is 1 Oct 2019.
Evaluation and Selection Procedure
The documentation will be scored according to the following evaluation criteria:
- PhD Degree in the field of Data Management (up to 10 points)
- Experience in positions related to Data Management (up to 20 points)
- Scientific achievements: results, publications and projects, all of them in the field of Data Management (up to 50 points)
- Personal interview. Only the candidates with at least 60 points on the other merits will be interviewed.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CiTIUS Knowledge Management and Transfer Unit (email@example.com) for assistance or for any information related to the application process. When contacting, please indicate the position reference in the subject line (Post-doc position 2017-PI178).
The application, submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de Compostela website using the application form found in the following link:
This form must contain information of research background and work experience, including:
- Curriculum Vitae, highlighting the merits that are established as assessment criteria.
- Sworn statement in which the candidate declares under his responsibility, that he meets the requirements of the call and can prove it on the deadline of applications.
Reference number: call 22/2019, position: 2017-PI178
Closing date for applications: 2019-09-09 AT 23:59 CEST (UCT + 02:00)