PhD Student Position (FPI scholarship by Spanish Ministry)
Research group GALABRA of the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) announces the opening of an application for a 4-year FPI contract to carry out a PhD within the framework of the project ‘Narratives, Uses and Consumptions by Visitors as Allies or Menaces for the Community Well-Being: The Case of Santiago de Compostela’. The main objective of the PhD thesis is to develop novel methods, strategies and tools for semantically modeling the information contained in a written/oral corpus compiled and annotated by the group GALABRA network about narratives and activities of visitors in Santiago de Compostela.
GALABRA Principal Investigator: Elias J.Torres Feijó.
- Educational Level / Degree: MSc.
- Field / specialty: any field including Social and Human Sciences or IT
- Languages: Portuguese or Spanish (English is a plus).
- Basic knowledge in some programming language, namely scripting (python, perl...).
- Experience in the use and configuration of tools for natural language processing (Stanford CoreNLP, openNLP, FreeLing, etc.).
- Basic knowledge or experience in the use of GIS systems – geolocation.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates should submit an application to the institutional program of Spanish Ministry by 29 October 2018.
Elias J. Torres Feijó: email@example.com